Welcome to the Brodhead Middle School Counseling Page!
Your School Counselor is: Mr. Shanahan
As the school counselor at Brodhead Middle School, I believe that all students have the ability to be successful academically, socially and emotionally. Through individiual and group counseling sessions, and social emotional classroom guidance lessons, students will be able to improve as individuals throughout their education experiences. It is my job to make sure that I collaborate with parent(s)/guardian(s), faculty members and adiministration to ensure that each student's unique needs are being met in and outside the school settings.
Middle school is the time where students begin to explore who they are and what they can accomplished as individuals. Together, the students and I will discuss and work through topics such as goal settings, study skills, social emotional comprehensions and much more in the hopes of achieving personal growth that secures an individualized understanding and preparedness for high school and beyond.
School Counselors Provide Services For:
- Deliver support with conflict resolution, peer and family relationships, and self-concept
- Make appropriate refferals for services within the school and community
- Provide effective social emotional classroom lessons to all students
- Communicate and exchange information with parent(s)/guardian(s) (confidentiality permitting) via conferences, educational workshops and newsletters
- Provide consultation with parent(s)/guardian(s) to facilitate their student's academic achievement, social development and personal growth
- Attend grade level meetings and consult with teachers regarding student academic achievement, social development and personal growth
- Provide effective classroom strategies that could improve classroom management
If you have any comments or concerns, please feel free to contact me by phone (608-897-2184 ext. 220) or via email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Have a great day!