Brodhead School District

Home Of The Cardinals

School Counselor

Below are the most common links requested by students along with other useful links on a variety of topics.  Please also check out the resources link (above) for more information. Remember, your most important 'link' is your school counselor. Schedule an appointment with me in order to get assistance.  If I'm  not available, leave a note on my chair or see one of the secretaries.

My schedule is as follows:

Monday - High School all day

Tuesday - High School AM, Middle School PM

Wednesday - Middle School AM, High School PM

Thursday - High School AM, Middle School PM

Friday - High School all day

ACT, SAT, and Compass Test Registration and Dates:  Early registration is encouraged; talk with your counselor about when and why to take these tests.  ACT  SAT

328-1660 is the phone number for Blackhawk Technical College's Monroe Campus; call to schedule a time to take the Compass Test if you are planning on attending either BTC or MACT.  If you are going to attend MATC, make certain to request that your scores are mailed.

NCAA Clearinghouse:  All prospective division I or II athletes need to register with the NCAA Clearinghouse.  They will need a 6 semester transcript and your official ACT scores (sent from ACT). 

Financial Aid and Scholarship help:  Note that it does not cost anything to apply for financial aid; avoid scholarships that request a fee (most likely it is a scam). This is the official financial aid website; seniors should begin applying in January of their senior year.

Selective Service (all males must register in order to qualify for financial aid):  

College Searches:

Inventories to help you match careers with skills, interests, and values:  Will match your interests with programs at MACT  Will match your interests with Wisconsin Technical College programs; click on 'explore careers' then take the career interest inventory

UW System Information:  To apply online

Wisconsin Technical College Information: Wisconsin Technical College System Blackhawk Technical College

Wisconsin Private College Information: 

Midwest Student Exchange Program:  This is an easy way to save money on out of state tuition costs.  This program allows students to attend out of state schools for a reduced tuition.  States participating include: Indiana, Kansas, Michigan, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, and Wisconsin.  Note that Wisconsin has reciprocity with Minnesota; your tuition would be reduced even further.  

Beaty Schools and Cosmetology Colleges:  Locate schools and programs all over the nation

Wisconsin Covenant Information:

Adult Apprenticeship Information: Department of Workforce Development Apprenticeship Standards US Department of Labor Associated Builders & Contractors of Wisconsin construction apprenticeships

More Links:

Like a certain class but don’t know what you can do with it? Try… (Thanks to St. Norbert College)

US Military Links:

Air Force 752-5521
Army 752-8197 and Army
Army Reserve 362-8916
Coast Guard
1-877-NOW-USCG ext. 1752
Navy 752-7003
Marines 752-3832

National Guard 608-807-6612

Military Careers or National Guard 

Service Academies:

US Air Force Academy
US Military Academy -West Point
US Naval Academy
US Coast Guard Academy 
US Merchant Marine Academy email

Test Prep:  Don't forget to check out (literally) the ACT, SAT, and AP test prep materials in the high school library! Free ACT prep      Free ACT and SAT prep

What's your learning style?  Complete a simple inventory and find out what your learning style is along with study tips.  Click here to begin!

Study Skills, Note Taking, and Time Management  This site offers a wealth of information on those topics and more.  Easy, practical information.

Questions about issues that affect teenagers?  This site covers a variety of topics but should not take the place of experts such as professionals and/or parents.

How to request a high school transcript:  All requests need to be 'written' and can be done 4 ways.  We cannot accept requests over the phone.  Once a student graduates, requests cannot be made by parents.
  • Email the main office (Mrs. Leifker)
  • Fax your request to the main office 608-897-3026
  • Visit the main office and sign a Release of Information form
  • Send us a letter 2501 West 5TH Avenue, Brodhead, WI 53520

Requests for transcripts must include the following:  Your name at time of graduation, graduation year, and an address for where the transcript is to be sent.


Brodhead School District © 2017 | Privacy Policy | Website Design & Hosting By Computer Know How