Brodhead Middle School Physical Education
1) To reduce the percentage of childhood obesity.
2) To help the students achieve or maintain a healthy weight and level of fitness.
3) To teach students life-long activity.
4) To teach the students the importance of being physically active.
5) To teach the students the 5 components of fitness.
The Focus of BMS Physical Education Program
The 5 Components of Fitness
1) Muscular Strength
2) Muscular Endurance
3) Cardiovascular Endurance
5) Body Composition
We also focus on training the students in all aspects of sports and fitness, such as; speed, endurance, strength, agility, balance, flexibility, plyometrics, quickness, reaction, and core strength.
In order for us to achieve this we start our classes with fitness stations.
Monday - Flexibility
Tuesday - Speed and Strength
Wednesday - Plyometrics, Balance, and Agility
Thursday - Quickness and Reaction
Friday - Core Strength
Fitness Gram Testing
The Fitness Gram Test, checks to see if the students are in the healthy zone, need to improve, or exceeds in each area of fitness.
Fitness Gram Test
1) Height and Weight
3) 1 mile run
4) Push ups
5) Sit ups
6) Flexed arm hang or pull ups
7) Shoulder stretch
8) Single leg hamstring stretch